Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 88


After not much happening last week, other than the medical stuff for Elder McClelland, this week definitely had some more things happen.

It started off like any week with a Monday.  Mondays are always the best because, well, it’s pday, and I can do what I want -- Ha ha.  This last Monday we set up a soccer game.  It was good to have a good game again.  Although I didn’t play great, it was still a blast to play, and we played for a long time so that was definitely a plus.  After soccer we ate, had fun, and laughed as Elder Turley’s local comp flew through his money.  It’s amazing to watch the new guys who don’t understand how the mission money works. 

Then we had an FHE with the Arguello family and the Lugo family.  But they set it up early, and we got held up by traffic in Luque.  So by the time we got there, the Lugos had left.  But that didn’t stop us from having fun and a good night with the Arguellos.  We played 2 games.  One Elder Franco came up with where you picked a word out of a hat and then had to sing a song with that word in it.  Obviously we were at a disadvantage due to the language and lack of knowledge of Latin music, but we did it in English. It was really hard to remember the melody.  Lyrics were fine, but singing was tough.

Then another game Natalia set up, where 2 people went head to head and she said a category and each person had to say something that came in the category but couldn’t repeat.  For example fruit.  One says apple, the next says banana, and so on until somebody either can’t think of one or repeats one.  I really liked that game.  But it got hard to remember and translate things from English to Spanish, and I ended up losing when it turns out a fig isn’t a vegetable.  Oops, Ha ha.

Then on Tuesday we had district meeting.  It went well as Elder McClelland stole the lesson from Sunday which used the 3 little pig story as an example.  It was cool.  Again, I had to speak a lot and people look up to me …ish.  We realized I have over twice the amount of time as everyone else in my district.

Then Elder McClelland had to send numbers to the zone leaders so we went to the cyber.  While there, a crazy storm rolled in and we tried waiting it out.  But it just kept coming.  So we headed out and got soaked.  But 5 minutes later it stopped.  Just our luck.  We got on a bus and, just our luck, the bus stops.  Elder McClelland heard someone say a screw broke so we got off. And it starts raining again.  So we crossed the street to find shelter and sure enough our bus fixes itself and goes.  Then it started to hail.  It sucked.  But then we finally got on a bus and made it home.

We also had to do the kiosk thing this week.  That is only mentionable because some inspectors showed up and told us we couldn’t set up there. 

Then on Thursday I was attacked by little red ants.  They were all over my towel and clothes and cabinet.  I, not knowing this, grabbed my towel and was showered in them.  It sucked.  They bite, and it hurts.  So I showered again and used my other towel to dry off.  We went to lunch and then we sprayed the whole house with bug killer.  Hopefully they don’t come back.

On Friday, we found out that one of our favorite families, the Lopez family, might move.  So that would be a downer. 

Then of course conference was this weekend.  As always, it was good.  Nothing really stuck out to me, but I’ll read the talks and get more out of them for sure.  We ate and got sick and ate some more as we always do during conference. But it was good. 

I saw Elder Menchaca, which was cool since he goes home soon.

Well, that’s about it.  I hope you guys have a good week.

Love you guys.

Elder Frost
And 12 weeks til I’m home

No comments:

Post a Comment