Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 90


So I forgot some information last week as well. Elder Aquino is back!

 

Elder Aquino was one of the coolest dudes I knew in the MTC and was really excited that he was coming to my mission and wasn’t going to Uruguay with everybody else.  I went to PJC, and he went to Salado and all was good.  Then I came into Asuncion 6 months later when I changed from Elder Anderson to Elder Menchaca and found out he had gone home.  It sucked.  Anyway, last week Elder Turley’s wild change got crazier as he ended up with his 4th comp of the last 6 weeks.  In comparison, I have had 6 in my whole mission.  His local comp had to go home, and he said he was getting a new comp named Elder Aquino.  I was excited, and then at the baptism on Saturday we saw him, and yup it’s the Elder Aquino I knew.  It’s been awesome having him back.  The kid is hilarious. 

 

On Monday we went and played soccer.  No big deal -- we play soccer every week, right?  Nope, we played on a full-sized field and 11 on 11.  It was brutal.  I can’t run to save my life.  My coast to coast runs are only dreams at this point.  The moment I get the ball and start a counter attack my body is looking for the pass so I can stop running.  It’s brutal.  I just threw in the towel on many plays and passed the ball away.  And tracking on back on defense was horrible.  I ran full speed and everything felt off.  First I was slow and second it just felt wrong.  That’s one of the first things I’m doing when I get back, get my speed back.  A slow, fat Frost is no good for anybody.  I can’t catch quick, ha ha.  Anyway, after that we went to BK (Burger King), ate, did cyber and then off to a FHE. 

 

Some lady selling stuff wouldn’t leave us alone.  So McClelland bought two cheap looking shell bracelets. We did a lesson with the Acosta family about the kingdom of God and used the parables of the pearl seller and the guy that found treasure.  Then I shared a story about searching for seashells as a kid and that led into the bracelets, which we gave to the daughters.  Dang, I’m good, ha ha.  But it was a good lesson and they enjoyed it.

 

On Tuesday we had to go through our area books because they are a disaster.  So that sucked.  But we did get to do a practice, and it was awesome.  I got to be bad cop again and I landed Elder Turley and Aquino, so I got to mess with them.  I was a guy who didn’t believe in God because his daughter was murdered.  They answered that well.  So for a curveball, I told them I killed her killers and had their bodies in the back.  It was hilarious.  They taught well though, and it was a good practice, even if not practical, ha ha.

 

I also bought an LA Kings hat.  You win a Stanley cup or two and all of a sudden they are everywhere, even Paraguay.  Crazy.  I miss hockey.  And skating.  And ice.  And cold, ha ha.  Dang Paraguay heat. 

 

It was soooo hot this week.  You can’t sit without sweating through your shirt.  I can’t wait for the cold, dry Montana weather. I’m serious. 

 

We also ate Pizza Hut this week, which was good.  And we had a funny moment when we got in trouble for drinking our contraband 2 liters.  But their pitchers are way overpriced, ha ha. 

 

Also, there was a dog that wandered in during church and just stayed, and nobody cared.  Only in Paraguay, ha ha.

 

This week are changes, and we have no idea what is going to happen.  But everyone predicts it’s going to be a strange set of changes.  We will see. 

 

Love you guys, and hope you have a good week.  See you soon.

 

Elder Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment