Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 40


Well it’s been awhile, but I finally got sick again. Haha. So I don’t know when or why or how, but I’m pretty sure I’ve got an eye infection. I’m gonna call the nurse tomorrow. So let’s back things up.

Monday was a lot of fun. We played some football and let’s just say you still can’t catch quick. I also unleashed my inner T.O. with some touchdown celebrations. Hey, I like to showboat.  So sue me. It was really a lot of fun. I am freaking slow now, though I’ve literally lost like all my muscles. It’s terrible.

The next day we went to go pick up our money, and it wasn’t there.  So we started walking home. We stopped and talked with the guy at the gym, and as we were standing there I just lost it. My head started killing and I had a terrible headache and the whole world was spinning.  But more than that, my eyes just burned and hurt.  So add that all together and…yup I was sick again. We finally made it home and I just died, just went and crashed on my bed.  But I couldn’t sleep cuz our house turns into an oven if it is even remotely hot outside.  So that sucked.

I did re-read some letters that people had sent me, and they were awesome. So ya, one more time, send me stuff.  If it’s awesome enough, I’ll even drop your name in my blog. Haha.  Like I’m famous or something.

Oh ya, I also felt like Winnie the Pooh this week. “And the rain rain rain came down down down”.   All week.  It literally rained all week.  Oh and top things off… my umbrella broke on Sunday.  Yup awesome. 

The rain and the sickness definitely made this week difficult, but we had some really cool things happen regardless. We did work on the house some more, and it is slowly coming along.  So that’s a plus.  Then, of course with any baptism there has to be some drama. So Wilson is an 8 year old kid, well as of today, a 9 year old kid that has wanted to be baptized for forever.  Well we finally got the permission from his mom in Spain to do it.  So his legal guardian – grandma - told us OK for Wednesday.  So we planned that.  Then out of nowhere, she decided to wait a week for a combined birthday / baptism.  Slight problem.  The moment he turns 9, he becomes a convert, not a child baptism.  No problem, it just means we have to teach him all the lessons and he has an interview with the missionaries. Oh, and he has to come to church on Sunday.   Well on Sunday it’s a torrential downpour and in Paraguay that means almost nobody came to church.  So, we have to move his baptism again.  So fun telling that to someone.  

The branch also went to the temple this weekend, and that led to a cool experience too.  So Vilmar is the husband of a member that we have known about for a long time.  The only problem is he is Brazilian.  No problem - we can translate.  Well then he didn’t want to pull the trigger and get baptized until his daughter does.  Well, his daughter is 6 months old.  That’s a problem. Haha.  We couldn’t work around it, so we dropped him.  Come to find out, he went on the temple trip and just sat in the waiting room and decided he wants to be baptized.  He even came on Sunday in the rain!   So legit.  So we are working with him now and hope to get him baptized before the end of the month. It’ll be so cool!

Also saw Griselda this week.  Nothing significant there, as she’s still not coming to church.  I am only making a note cuz it was weird visiting her in her new house, after 9 months in the other.   Dang, I’ve been here awhile. I could almost see a baby born. Crazy!

Also I saw Rafa and talked to him about going on a mission. And after being initially apprehensive, he’s coming around.  He even wanted to talk to Pres this week.  So cool if he goes.

Also, we did a Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) with Mercedes and we made brownies. She’s so cool.  Hopefully we can get her coming back to church. 

We have interviews this Thursday, and that will be exciting.  Can’t think of anything else right now.  So I’ll end with, I love you guys.  Take care of yourselves and be careful. I’m not there to protect y’all now.  Miss ya.

 

Elder Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment