Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 53


I know I started my last week’s blog talking about food and how it made my week.  Well, this week was very similar.

On Monday I got a slushie. Yes, some of you will laugh, but I haven’t seen a slushie in over a year.  It’s not exactly like 711s are on every corner down here.  Anyway, last Monday we ate at McDonalds and right by McDonalds there was a lady with a little stand selling slushies.  Obviously, I got really excited and bought one. It was lemon flavored.

Then on Tuesday, we tried having district meeting.  But, no one had keys.  So that got moved until Wednesday. 

Since we had some time to kill before our lunch cita, we went and visited a member whose wife has cancer, a lady we took sacrament to the week before. The husband and wife live and work in the same place. He is a glassblower. When we got there he was at work so we went and watched him blow glass. It’s amazing how they do what they do and how it all works. We talked for a while after that and then went and ate.

On Wednesday night, we had our normal soccer night.  But for some strange reason, almost no one came.  In fact, instead of having 4 or 5 or sometimes 6 teams, we had exactly 2.  So just the 2 teams played.  It was a lot of fun to be able to play for a good while like that.  We ended up playing for 80 minutes or almost a whole game.  Needless to say, I was dead.  I haven’t played a game of that length since my senior year of high school-over 4 years ago.  I’m outta shape.  The mission killed me!  Well that, and the fact I haven’t gone to a gym in almost 4 years as well.  Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and I played really well.  I got lots of compliments from the fans and the players. I still got it!

The next day a member showed us this place called Loslagos.  We stopped by just to see what it was on our way to a visit.  It turns out it’s a hotel ran by a German guy who bought the land when it was still a jungle and chopped it all down and made this resort-like place.  There is a lake to fish in, a lake to canoe on, some rope bridges, some houses to rent, horseback riding, all sorts of stuff.  But for me, the coolest thing was seeing the birds.  The guy has toucans and some other parrots kept in a cage.  I’ve wanted to see a toucan my whole mission, and I finally got to see one.  Well, more than one.  They are awesome! I want one.
 
 
 
 

After that, we got wet, as it rained and for the first time in months.  I didn’t have a plastic bag with me in my backpack, so I got wet and all my stuff got wet.  That’s such a downer, but such is the mission.

Then we visited Fredy, the less active guy, who hates North Americans.  But, he has grown to love me.  And slowly but surely, we are getting him to come back to the church.  Right now it is only activities, but soon I think and hope it will be on Sundays as well.  He has grown to love me, and now wants me in the circle when his baby is blessed in April.  Hopefully, I’m still here.  Not bad for a gringo from Montana.

Then we had our ward cine night.  Unfortunately, it was worse than last week, as no one came this time. Ouch. So we did an impromptu obra misional with the lider and made sweet announcements and invitations for our fireside this Sunday.

Then on Saturday we visited Fredy again, and we ordered pizzas and just had a good night hanging out and talking and eating with him and his family.  I really hope we can get them back. Also this week, I bought a new camera so that is a relief that I can finally take pictures again.

And finally, I found a place that does frozen yogurt like the places in Utah.  And yes of course I went.  Chelsea Chen that was for you!  Not as good as the States, but still amazing.  As you can see, I still think with my stomach.  I’m short, fat and proud of that and in the mood for food.

And with that, I will leave you guys as my time is up and the week is over.  I hope you all have a great new week; I know I will try.

Take care of yourselves. I love you.

 
Elder Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment