Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 56


Turns out I still can’t play basketball. That’s what we played last Monday for p-day and it’s the same old same old,  I can drive on anybody and just can’t finish.  I’ll literally pay somebody to teach me to finish, ha ha.  It’s so sad.

Then unfortunately my comp got hosed on a speaker he bought to listen to music in the house with.  The guy was a little sketchy, but my comp did all the right things and made him bring it out and try it out and everything and it worked just fine. It just doesn’t read USB.  So that’s a bummer.  We will try and return it and see what happens.

Then later that night, we did a really good FHE with the Familia Martinez who were all super excited since their son was finally getting out of prison after 5 or 6 months. So that turned into a great night.  Hopefully the rest of the family can come to church now and not just the father.  

Then since we are still learning the area a little bit, we found some really sick people that were accepting our lessons and everything - only to find out that the don’t actually belong to us.  So that was depressing.  But such is the mission.  Somebody in Capiata just lucked out on our hard work.  

Speaking of hard work, we have been working a lot with this girl named Maria Belen Ojeda and she is going to be baptized this week.  She’s an 11 year old niece of a member in our ward that moved here to live with her aunt from the Chaco.  She is so legit and so excited to be baptized.  It feels great to baptize again and to see the results of our work. 

Something that still needs some work, or in this case to work out, is my body.  It’s falling apart and looks terrible.  I thought I’d bottomed out a couple months ago, but I guess I was wrong.  Not only that, I’m straight up weak now.  We had to return a grill from a family a couple blocks away and I had to stop 3 times and my biceps hurt for like 3 days after.  Sooooo, who wants to be gym buddies with me when I get back?  This is unacceptable.

Also unfortunately, we are leaving summer and getting into fall.  Which means the rain is coming.  I got straight up soaked last Wednesday night.   Luckily our bishop gave us black garbage bags to use as ponchos.  But I just tore through the bag with my hands and head instead of using scissors like my comp.  The result?  I had a deep v-neck poncho that didn’t do me a whole lot of good.  It looked sweet though.  

I also have developed my first hole in my shoe.  Not a good sign, as I have 10 months left.  Hopefully they can at least hold on until winter when I can use my boots again.

Also this week was a lesson in potential.  We contacted and found a ton of super legit families that sat with us read with us and accepted all of our commitments.  But over the week, we truly got to know them and their potential.   It has changed from golden to, dang I guess we will come back 1 more time next week.  Kinda sad actually.  But on the flip side, some rando that we met in the street on Saturday and invited to church came to church without even a lesson from us.  So that could turn into something legit. 

We also had the opportunity to do some service this week and I gotta say, I prefer a hoe to a machete.  The hoe was so much nicer.  My comp got worked by the machete - his hands were all busted up.

Also I hung up my hammock and am doing my language study in there now.  The best idea ever.  Hammocks are amazing.

I gotta go, as we have a sweet FHE planned but it’s been a good week.  I can’t wait to talk to you guys again next week.

Take care.

 

Elder Frost

 

No comments:

Post a Comment