Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 55


So it was quite an interesting week. First of all, we had changes this week.  So that is always quite the experience.

We got the news Monday, and it was cause for more than a little excitement in my life. Elder Stopper absolutely hated the news and was quite adamant about hating the news. For me I’m more oblivious, nonchalant, as I’m just doing my time.  And 6 weeks with one person, is the same as 6 weeks with somebody else.  Either way, I’m a missionary and I’m gonna do me.

Also, nobody knew my new companion so it was hard to get excited or upset about the news. My new companion is Elder Beus from Farmington, Utah.  He has been in the mission for a little over 6 months but comes highly recommended from the higher ups in the mission. So take that for what it is. Elder Stopper decided he did not want to say goodbyes to anyone, but rather, to have one last soccer game and just do goodbyes there.  That ended up being a great thing, as our day got taken for a loop, when Elder Fernandez, Elder Menchaca and Elder Wall came by.  

Elder Wall is going home after a good 2 years served.  Elders Menchaca and Fernandez came with him from Pedro Juan and were waiting for changes on Wednesday. They wanted to visit some of his old areas which lead them to us. We ended up checking out some huge mountain that he had wanted to climb and took a bunch of pictures there.  It was a pretty great view. Then back into town for the goodbye soccer game.  It was really fun, but unfortunately, I played pretty poorly.  It is probably my last chance to play with these guys, since this tradition likely dies with Elder Stopper.

Then on Wednesday, we went in to Asuncion for changes. I saw and talked with a bunch of my friends in the mission.  Which is always one of my favorite parts about changes.  Well it’s the only part I like usually.  Then we headed back to the area.  After taking care of unpacking and buying groceries, we went to the ward activity and called it a night.

On Friday we had interviews with president. I was really excited and nervous for these interviews as it was the interview I was going to talk about going home a little bit early.  Also in a change, instead of having one big meeting, we had several stations where we learned things and then got pulled out one-by-one to do our interview.  In the end, I had nothing to worry about, as it went well and I got my time.  My new end date is December 17th.  Which should give me plenty of time to do the things I need to do before school starts in January.  Also I get to be home for Christmas, my birthday, and New Years.  So that will be fun and quite the party.

After that, we went to McDonalds with Elder Wolfgramm and Elder McClelland, which was way fun.  I love those guys.  We also got into the deepest, weirdest doctrine talk I’ve ever been a part of.  It was quite interesting.

Also, we had some legit visits with the Familia Diaz, who we can hopefully help bring back to church.  We also had a visit with Fabian, a professional chef, so that was legit.  You know how I love my food.  

We ended the week with a fireside about families on Sunday, and that was amazing.  It was one of the best ward activities I’ve been to.  I liked it a lot, and hopefully we can build on that and do even better in the future. I’m excited for the upcoming change and the work we have in the area including a baptism the 28th of February -  fingers crossed.

One other big thing this week was Valentine’s Day or single awareness day. And it made me realize that I have never had a valentine in 22 years of existence. I can’t decide if I should be proud of that, or sad.  But I’m leaning towards sad.  Either way, I’ve decided that as much as I enjoy spending all of Valentine’s Day with some dude, or getting into fights with teachers in the MTC about nothing, or hitting happy couples with water balloons, which are the activities I’ve done the last 3 valentines days, my goal is to have a valentine for next year. It’s gonna be tough, but I feel like I can do it.  If you wanna be my valentine, just let me know. Ha ha. I always love packages. ;)

Well that’s about it for this week.  You guys take care of yourself and I’ll talk to you next week.

 

Elder Frost

 

No comments:

Post a Comment