Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 50


So this week was actually a pretty good one. It was also by far the best week I have had - mission wise and success wise - with Elder Stopper.

But first, this week, like all weeks, began with p-day.  This p-day, in a slight change of pace, we played basketball instead of soccer. It also had to be quite the sight to see 10 missionaries jumping the fence as we couldn’t get the gate open.  Anyway, we finally did play, and it was the same old game from Frost.  I can drive on anybody and still can’t finish at the rim.  So sad.  My only points came from jump shots and my dirty Chris Paul or the floater in the lane after a crossover. I sadly let my country down as my team lost to a team of only Latins.  My man scored the winning points.  But to be fair, he did throw it over his shoulder, no look, with his back to the basket.  No idea how it dropped, but such is life.  Anyway, after that just did a normal p-day.

We went as a big group to Pizza Hut and ate their buffet.  It cost 22 mil or roughly 4 bucks for all you can eat. They definitely lose money when we roll in. 

Also this week, I had to do my own laundry as our laundry lady still hasn’t come back from her Christmas trip.  I was out of clothes.  I will never have a problem doing laundry in the States again.  I miss my machines!  So after sweating and slaving away to clean my shirts, which were really dirty, I hung them up to dry.  And 15 minutes later it starts to rain.  I had a good laugh, but I can’t wait for the States again. Ha ha. 

We also played a lot of soccer this week, and for the first time in forever I played really well.  I’m finally getting used to playing with the ball in my feet and in tight areas.  The skills I’ve learned here, I woulda killed for in high school.  It woulda made me such a better player.  But oh well.  There’s always rec leagues and intramurals.

Then Thursday, we had a zone meeting. I don’t know if I have talked about my extreme dislike for zone meetings before, but if I didn’t, I really dislike them. I think they are pointless and a waste of my time.  All it is is leaders telling us to do stuff we already know.  Then they do not give us any solutions or ideas on how to do it better.  Well, this last week’s district meeting took the cake.  I went from thinking it was pointless to,”Tthis is the stupidest meeting I have ever been a part of.”  The president and the APs literally live in a whole different world if they think their ideas are good or going to do anything.  So stupid.  I literally felt dumber after sitting there. 

On the bright side, some of my mission buddies got transferred into my zone.  So seeing them again was cool. After the meeting, we went to McDonalds for lunch.  I got a double with bacon and a McFlurry. So worth it! 

The next day, me and my companion were passing the church and stumbled upon a fight.  The 2 dumbest members I have ever met, nobody likes them, invited some of their friends to play soccer at the church.  And of course, they started a fight.  So dumb.  So for the first time in my life I was separating a fight started by soccer, instead of instigating it.  Not gonna lie.  I prefer the other side.  Ha ha.  Breaking up fights is no fun. 

After that we continued our walk to the Sasanumas.  They are the Japanese family in our ward.  They were all together for a party.  So that was cool!  They are some of my favorite members in the ward.  Also, the mission is renting a house next to theirs for the new missionaries that are coming in February.  So we took care of that as well.  The next morning we got a call from the mission office telling us that the mission wanted to move the furniture and stuff into the other house.  So off we went.  It went fine and pretty fast actually.  They got all new stuff, which we were jealous about, and we may steal some of their appliances and replace them with ours - ha ha.

Also, I tried making brownies for this girl’s birthday, except our oven is terrible.  And she wanted to learn how, so I bought all the stuff.  We were gonna cook it there at the restaurant her mom owns.  Well, we get there and they don’t have gas.  So we wait, and wait, and wait, and they finally say that the gas isn’t coming.  So that was a fun night.  Ha ha.  But it was good to just chat and hang out for a bit.

Also Sunday I had a talk about the mission work.  Basically, I implored the members to do their part as we need their help.  Apparently it came across harsher than I wanted, as everyone commented about it.  But they all did say it was good, and they were gonna help more.  So hopefully that happens.  Not much else happened this week.  We did have our first investigator in church, but I’m not going to talk about that until next week because I don’t want to jinx it.

Love you guys and take care,

 

Elder Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment