Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 99 - Almost home


The last one of these I will write from a packed Paraguayan cyber with a keyboard that doesn’t work and slow internet and computers that crash. It’s a great feeling. Ha ha. I am very excited to be going home on Friday night, so that will probably come through in this email.  But all-in-all, I’m doing good, and I wish the same for all of you.

 

This past week had some goodbye-this-is-the-end moments, and it really kind of hit home that it’s coming to a close.  It’s weird since this place, Paraguay, is all I really remember. The States seems more like a dream, and the more I think about it the more it doesn’t seem real.  Strange stuff. 

 

Anyway, it started on Monday.  We got up and headed to the office. I had my final interview with President McMullin.  It went well. He gave me some questions to fill out, and we talked about them for like a second then we talked about how I can continue to improve and how to make sure I don’t slide backwards.  It was all good advice.  He also told me to work on my emotions some more, and, ya, it went good.  We wrapped it up talking about my sister’s engagement before ending.  It wasn’t nearly as climatic as I imagined, but I liked it, and it went well.

 

After that, I had my Lion King circle of life moment as we went back to where it all began, God’s Pan.  Now for those of you who don’t remember, and I’m assuming that’s basically everyone, God’s Pan is a restaurant where you order food and they weigh it out and you pay.  But more significant than that, it is the location of my real first welcome to the mission moment, Elder Staker’s goodbye party.  So it seemed only fitting to have my own goodbye party there. It went really well.  Everyone that I would have wanted to come was able to come, except for Elder Luke.  That poor guy was stuck out in Filadelphia and couldn’t make it. But there were friends from all parts of my mission.  It was a really great time.  We ate and then spent most of the afternoon just sitting and talking and messing around.  I thoroughly enjoyed it!  And then I passed out my parting gifts.

 

To Elder Turley I passed down the tie that has gone several generations now.  To Elder McClelland I gave the other one of my boxing gloves.  And everyone there got a tie.  They seemed to enjoy it.  It was one of the best days of my mission. I was happy.

 

Then we did a normal rest of a p-day until the night when we went to a FHE.  That went well, but it was annoying at the same time.  It was with the Fernandez family who should be baptized and married.  But due to a fight aren’t.  So all we did was talk about love.  It went really well.  The annoying part was the Hermana who refuses to accept she was in the wrong and is playing it up for her friends.  When we arrived she was her smiley happy self and I asked her about her relationship with her husband and she said it was good and almost back to normal.  Ok, sweet.  Well, then her friends got there and she broke down in tears and went on and on and on about her husband not loving her.  It was tough to watch and quite frankly annoyed me.  So we talked some more about priorities and love and patience and basically everything you can think of.  Here’s to hoping it works (they did both come to church Sunday, so there is a chance).

 

Then on Tuesday we had a district meeting. I planned it out to talk about lesson 3 or the Gospel of Christ.  It went really well, and I feel like I helped them out and that they can teach the lesson better now.  There was a funny moment when in the practice I stumped the whole district and that threw them for a loop.  So we broke that down as well.  Then we took pictures with a little Christmas tree and that was that.

 

On Wednesday, it rained and rained and rained.  So ya, that was fun. It’s even funner in our house since every time it rains, we lose power.  Which isn’t terrible, except it means the fans are gone and our house gets hot.

 

Then we did some service Saturday morning helping remove rocks from an older lady’s house.  Then lunch at Pizza Hut.  And then the ward Christmas party.  We had chicken and rice salad. It was pretty decent; although, they made tons way more than needed.  Then we watched some skits and jokes.  All in all, we had a good time. Then we also watched Elder Christofferson’s talk from the Christmas devotional. I liked it.  One funny moment from that was when everybody was wrapping up eating, Hermano Arguello came around with a bag and collected everyone’s scraps for his dog.  It was highly amusing.

 

On Sunday, we had a normal day, and I taught Gospel Principles.  Then I realized it was probably my last time teaching that in Spanish.  Like I said, lots of weird this-is-the-end moments.  Well, that’s about it for the week.  

 

I want to give a shout out - best of luck and congratulations to my sister and to Kolton Mahoney who both got engaged this past week. I wish you the best and future happiness.

 

Love all you guys.  It’s been quite a ride.  Thanks for sticking with me. Take care.

 
Elder Frost 

No comments:

Post a Comment