Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Week 45


I don’t know what to write anymore.  To tell the truth, there is always new stuff going on the mission and each week is different, but at the same time pretty much the same. This week fits that category.

We played soccer on Monday, and it was great to play again.  It had been awhile since I’d played in a competitive game. I spent most of the day playing defense on one of Elder Stopper or Elder Herrera -- both who know how to play. I did make some nice runs though.  Anyway, that was the start of the best day of this change so far.

After soccer we went and ate at some buffet style place where they weigh your food and all the elders were talking about how good it was.  Man, they need to go to PJC.  The food is way better out there.  But it was pretty solid.

Then that night we had a Noche de Hogar or Family Home Evening with a less active family and an investigator.  The investigator is a good friend of one of the daughters, maybe a boyfriend, I’m not sure, people have told us different things.  Anyway, the night was set up by Cristian, a recently returned missionary in our ward.  Come to find out he’d met this guy in his mission in Buenos Aires and he was now living in Anahi.  His name is Mario, and he seems pretty legit. It was also really cool to be part of a returned missionary’s FHE.  You could definitely see the mission come through in his lesson.  We watched the restoration video and then talked about it.  Then he opened up time for Mario to ask me and Elder Stopper questions.  It was really well done.

Then, more soccer on Wednesday. The old guys challenged the younger guys and the elders to soccer at ward night.  The young guys came out on top, and I did score 2 goals to help the team out. Ha ha.

Also we are planning a sick Christmas activity with the ward for the 18th. It sounds like we are going to do a dinner and celebrate Christmas a little and then have singing and dancing and like a party. It should be pretty legit and is a great chance to invite investigators and less-actives to a less scary environment than a 3-hour session of church on Sunday.

Also, as a mission we are doing acts of service for Christmas. So our zone has decided that we will be singing Christmas hymns. Ya, you guys can judge whether having to listen to me sing is an act of service or not. Ha ha. So we are singing a couple hymns -- I don’t remember which ones to be honest, but I will update you guys on that next week. 

It’s beginning to look and feel like Christmas around here.  Well, if any place that is over 100 degrees and humid can look like Christmas. Ha ha.  People are starting to put up lights and there are even fake trees being sold. I got my Christmas packages from my family last week with stuff to put up in the house.  Next week I should have pictures of what a Christmas in the mission in Paraguay looks like.

We also had a conference this week with Elder Zaballos of the Seventy.  That was pretty cool. I really liked the parts about repentance and the atonement, as that is a huge part of life and something that everyone needs to appreciate and use, as without that there is no hope for salvation for me or you or anybody. It was really cool to hear him speak.  But maybe not as cool as it was for me to hang out and talk with Elder Anderson and Elder Anderl again.  Good times. I’m gonna miss those 2 for sure when they leave in January.

Well, like I said, I don’t know what to say, and I’m about sick of this cyber café -- I’m about to start throwing stuff.  It is beyond slow and is really frustrating.

I love you guys and hope all is well. I’ll write more next week.

See ya next week,

 

Elder Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment